So I try to create good memories for my kids to cherish. My parents did the same for my siblings and me. I remember we complained at some of the traditions we had, but now that we're adults and have our own families, I think we all cherish those times together. I know I do. We try to incorporate some of those traditions into our own family traditions. One of my favorite things to do at Christmas time with my family when I was kid was to go to Temple Square to see the beautiful lights. We don't have anything that grand here where we are. Shawn and I took the kids to see some lights a few nights ago. We were excited to go. It was pretty but we were all disappointed that what we saw was it. We got out of the truck to walk around when we could've just stayed put and driven by! We went on a short train ride which we thought would take us around to see more lights, but that wasn't the case. It took us to the back of a stage area where they keep props. It wasn't the prettiest sight! The highlight for Cael was seeing Santa. As we were walking back to the truck the kids were complaining that it was dumb. Shawn was putting Cael in the truck and my little 5 year old said, "That sucked!" So then last night I thought maybe they'd enjoy just driving around in the car to see lights on houses. We had been driving around for maybe 15 minutes when Cael asked me, "Mom, is this the path to home?" He'd had enough! So much for great memories, but we did have a good laugh over those two nights!
Monday, December 8, 2008
CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
So I try to create good memories for my kids to cherish. My parents did the same for my siblings and me. I remember we complained at some of the traditions we had, but now that we're adults and have our own families, I think we all cherish those times together. I know I do. We try to incorporate some of those traditions into our own family traditions. One of my favorite things to do at Christmas time with my family when I was kid was to go to Temple Square to see the beautiful lights. We don't have anything that grand here where we are. Shawn and I took the kids to see some lights a few nights ago. We were excited to go. It was pretty but we were all disappointed that what we saw was it. We got out of the truck to walk around when we could've just stayed put and driven by! We went on a short train ride which we thought would take us around to see more lights, but that wasn't the case. It took us to the back of a stage area where they keep props. It wasn't the prettiest sight! The highlight for Cael was seeing Santa. As we were walking back to the truck the kids were complaining that it was dumb. Shawn was putting Cael in the truck and my little 5 year old said, "That sucked!" So then last night I thought maybe they'd enjoy just driving around in the car to see lights on houses. We had been driving around for maybe 15 minutes when Cael asked me, "Mom, is this the path to home?" He'd had enough! So much for great memories, but we did have a good laugh over those two nights!


So I try to create good memories for my kids to cherish. My parents did the same for my siblings and me. I remember we complained at some of the traditions we had, but now that we're adults and have our own families, I think we all cherish those times together. I know I do. We try to incorporate some of those traditions into our own family traditions. One of my favorite things to do at Christmas time with my family when I was kid was to go to Temple Square to see the beautiful lights. We don't have anything that grand here where we are. Shawn and I took the kids to see some lights a few nights ago. We were excited to go. It was pretty but we were all disappointed that what we saw was it. We got out of the truck to walk around when we could've just stayed put and driven by! We went on a short train ride which we thought would take us around to see more lights, but that wasn't the case. It took us to the back of a stage area where they keep props. It wasn't the prettiest sight! The highlight for Cael was seeing Santa. As we were walking back to the truck the kids were complaining that it was dumb. Shawn was putting Cael in the truck and my little 5 year old said, "That sucked!" So then last night I thought maybe they'd enjoy just driving around in the car to see lights on houses. We had been driving around for maybe 15 minutes when Cael asked me, "Mom, is this the path to home?" He'd had enough! So much for great memories, but we did have a good laugh over those two nights!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
That's funny what Cael said! I'm tellin' ya, Braden and Cael would be so funny together! Well your nights may not have been what you hoped, but you'll always remember the good laughs you had. Cute Santa!
Post a Comment