Wednesday, September 3, 2008

98.8% TOMBOY

McKenna reminds me all the time that she is a tomboy. Anytime I ask her why she doesn't want to go shopping or have her hair done cute or wear skirts her response is "MOM, I'm 99.9% tomboy!" That's fine with me but I do secretly hope that somewhere down the line that percentage will decrease somewhat. I mean, she is my only girl after all. Well, I'm so excited because these past couple of weeks she has asked me THREE times to take her to the mall so she can shop!!! So I have taken her each time without a moments hesitation. Over the weekend she invited one of her good friends to go with us. I stayed a little ways behind them so they could feel like they were on their own. They had a great time! McKenna has discovered that she really likes Claires Boutique. She did get a little bored with clothes shopping after a few minutes. But hey...it's a start! She has also been waking up early enough in the morning to use a curling iron on her hair, instead of her usual disheveled ponytail. Now she assures me she is only 98.8% tomboy. Girl time, here we come!!!
One more little tidbit: She loves to tease Connor that he's a "tomgirl"! It drives him nuts.



Wearing the shirt she picked out by herself and bought with her own money.

1 comment:

ak3bpaxton said...

I had no idea she was a tomboy! Her shirt is very cute and I love her hair...did she get a perm?