Monday, September 29, 2008

5K RUN

I did it! No pictures to prove it but on Saturday Shawn and I did the Swiss Days 5K run. I know, I know, some of you may think big deal...it's just a 5K. Well, it is a big deal to me considering running isn't my favorite thing to do. So why run you ask? Well, I like the way I feel afterwards. That would be after the nausea passes, my legs have quit shaking, and I've cooled down! I forgot to wear my watch so I don't know what my time was. Shawn was waiting for me at the finish line and thinks I did it in about 30 minutes, which is good for me. It usually takes me about 30 minutes to run less than that. He forgot to stop his watch when he finished so he doesn't know his time either...although a 5K is a piece of cake for him, even with an injury (yes, he ran it with an injury). I feel great for my accomplishment and I'm looking forward to the next run.

1 comment:

ak3bpaxton said...

CONGRATS! Good job...that's a great accomplishment. I hate running because I am not good at it. I always get awful side aches. Way to go you two!